Friday, March 23, 2012

I'm five at heart.

This past week was my best friend's birthday. She's finally not a teenager anymore! Realizing how old she is makes me feel super old even though we're only ten months apart. Oddly enough, she has two half sisters who also have the same birthday. I remember when they were born and I used to play with them when they were babies. I feel fossil like when I realize how old they are. But that's besides the point. I went with them to the Adventuredome for their birthday, which is a giant indoor theme park that has silly clown shows that I avoid like the plague. The clown shows, not the theme park.

The whole time we were there, on every ride, my best friend and I would scream at the top of our lungs for the entire length of the ride. You know, like you used to when you were little and just getting used to the adrenaline rush. Her little sisters each shared a look of embarrassment at our crazy screaming and I sort of had an epiphany. 

When I was thirteen I would get embarrassed over the smallest things. And my parents would always tell me not to worry about it because when I was older it wouldn't have mattered and I wouldn't even care.

I didn't believe them but I when I hit sixteen-seventeen I stopped caring about what other people thought of me. And in the Adventuredome, my best friend and I acted like we were five and we didn't care what anybody thought. Even her sisters.

On quick, update like notes, I'm finally a licensed driver! Sidewalks beware! I also saw the Hunger Games premier last night! I'll do a review sometime this weekend. I also have a list of books you might want to check out if you're in need of a book to read. For tonight, I'm reading comic books. :)

Adios!

0 comments:

Post a Comment