Friday, March 16, 2012

Boyfriend jeans make the world a better place

For the first time since, probably since I got married but I'm not exactly sure, I actually took a day off. Usually on my days off I fill up with errands and other things I need to get done and I run myself crazy and then it's right back to work.

I'm not really sure why but I didn't today. I didn't have anything planned except to sleep and learn how to parallel park. 

After I mastered the super complexity of the art of parallel parking my husband and I went to a park, just to get out. So I took him to the park that was built behind the house I grew up in. For some reason I've been feeling real nostalgic lately. When I was fourteen-fifteen I would go to that park every Saturday morning, I would even wake up early for it, to play football with a couple guys for most of the day. At one point one of the guys I played with broke his ankle an then the next week I fractured my growth plate in my ankle. It didn't stop us from playing and the week after that you could find both of us gimps running in the field hoping we didn't get tackled too hard. I actually miss them and I really miss playing football. It's weird to think that all that happened just five years ago. I feel almost like it was a different lifetime. 

I still remember when that park was built and when the mayor came to "officially" open it. Then I watched as it slowly turned into Fight Club central and needed a marshal to drive past it every few hours to make sure things were on the up and up.

I really need to start taking more days off. I feel so relaxed, more relaxed than I've felt in days. 

It's going to go back to craziness tomorrow but on my days off, it's going to be my boyfriend jeans and relaxing. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment