Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Books, trucks, moves and other adult like things

Hello everybody! I'm back! :) Not that many of you missed me but I like to pretend. It's been almost a month since I last posted and so much has happened since then I'm surprised it's only March 13th. I feel like I should be in April already.

Russell and I decided to forget about his conditional release to go active duty. We sent the release in, in December and we still haven't heard anything. I know, I know, "hurry up and wait," but I can only put my entire life on hold for so long. So we decided to just stay and finish his contract in the Guard. Once that is up though we're definitely considering resigning active. And on an Army note, one of my best friends since middle school had decided he was going to join the Army. Hooah! I'm super excited for him. Now I just need to start working on finding friends who are SO's to these Army friends of mine or else I'm going to be home alone all the time with nothing to do!

At work I've been moved over to the night shift. Which is a big part in why I'm not really blogging anymore. (For anybody on Tumblr, my Tumblr has suffered greatly.) I'm still adjusting to the night shift. Back in high school I used to be able to stay up until 6AM after school and everything on Friday and be able to sleep until 5PM on Saturday easily. Now that I'm required to do it for my job I can't sleep to save my life. I'll get off and sleep for five hours and be up for the rest of the day. I can't help it. My body won't go back to sleep.  Then about an hour before I'm supposed to leave for work I'll start to get tired again and then, for whatever reason, I end up going to work with a headache. I've been getting sick lately and I think it's from all the sleep I'm not getting.

On the plus side though, at work I started a book club! Well, kinda. It's not like my co-workers and I meet once a month and talk about the same book. And it's really only with me and another co-worker. (even though I did successfully get most of my co-workers to read the Hunger Games trilogy.) But I read books and then I'll tell her to read them and we'll talk about it as she's reading them. Plus we have a notebook for comments on nights we don't work together. Even though it's only the two of us it's a lot of fun. And thanks to my little book club I've been able to read a lot lately. In fact, if anybody asked me for a good book I could give them a list. And that's exactly how I like things to be. :)

Oh! And I'm moving up in the adult world. I finally have my own truck! It's blue, doesn't have an annoying extended bed, has a kick ass stereo system, and it's just lovely. I'm going to get a three inch lift on it. I'm really excited.

I wasn't blogging when I had to find and move into the apartment I'm in now. But if I was, there probably would have been a lot of angry, rant like, stressed out posts about how moving out and finding a place to live in the biggest pain in the butt you'll ever go through. Assuming that you haven't been married already.

When we moved into this apartment last year we never intended it to be for longer than a year. I had no idea where any of us would be right now last year but we all knew that it wouldn't be signing a new lease here.

And I was right. I'm not a huge fan of this apartment to begin with. Mainly because it's an apartment. I want a house where I can have a puppy and a yard that I can take my laptop out and sit on a nice outdoor lounge chair instead of a little table set I have on my balcony. I want bigger rooms so I don't feel like everything is crowded and so I don't have a dinning room/office. Plus I could pay the same amount rent on a house out here that I'm paying in rent for my apartment. Give or take a hundred dollars. So I'm back on the hunt for a house, or a townhouse, maybe even a nice condo. Unfortunately, everything done these days is done at the last minute. So when you're talking to somebody about moving in they're like "Oh, so you want to move in next weekend?" and you're sorta like "Uhm, no, in about a month and a half. I gotta finish out my lease at the other place." So they're like "Oh, well I can't guarantee the rent price for then. It might change. I can only guarantee it for three days." Or at least, that was the problem I had with moving into an apartment. Which would probably explain why I was so stressed out and ready to rip my hair out. I already talked to a townhouse complex and the lady I spoke with was already a thousand times nicer to work with when it came to moving dates than the apartment complexes were. So I'm optimistic about this. Keep your fingers crossed!

Later gators!

Oh! And I'm thinking about trying to do an open mic comedy night at a local bar. Let's hope I'm as funny as I think I am!


0 comments:

Post a Comment