Friday, February 17, 2012

Roadtrip adventure!

Can you spot Elvis?!  On Wendesday night one best friend Patrick asked me to go to California with him because he was buying a jeep from a guy out there. They were leaving almost right after I got off work on Thursday morning so I was in. We stopped at Peggy Sue's 50's dinner (where we're at in the picture) that is in Yermo, California to eat. I've always wanted to stop there every time I've made the drive to California. The food is amazing. The waitresses are even dressed in old-fashioned fifties wear. They have a pizza parlor and an ice cream parlor in the same building as the restaurant, which is all decked out in fifties memorabilia. Do you know those little booths that has a fortune teller inside them? You stick a dollar out, the fortune tellers waves his hands over a crystal ball and your fortune is put on a piece of paper and comes out? They have an Elvis one there. So cute! They also had this little diner-saur park out in the back which was like a little park which statues of dinosaurs and King Kong and there was even a zombie and a poor guy trying to swing across one of the ponds there. They also had real ducks which you could buy food for inside their little dino shop. I went a little crazy in the shop and bought a bunch of cute little souvenirs.

We played this car game where you have to go through the alphabet and name things that you see that begin with the letter you're on. Unless you see your letter on a license plate, if your letter is anywhere on a license plate you get it. It's harder than you think. At one point all four of us were stuck on Q. X, Y, and Z were a pain in the butt too.

When we got there we had some time to kill so we went down to Santa Monica Beach. The weather was beautiful. A nice change from the freezewave Vegas was experiencing. We rode the Ferris Wheel on the  pier, mostly because the roller coaster was closed. But whatever, it was still awesome.

We didn't get back until a little after one in the morning. And after going for thirty-one hours straight I was ready for bed. I used to think traffic in Vegas was bad. After dealing with the craziness on the 405 I was ready to stab my eyeballs out.

I had a blast though. I never really get to get away from my little work routine in Vegas so it was really nice to get away.

Next time, it's Universal Studios!

0 comments:

Post a Comment