Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bookworm alert!

I'm really excited about this book. It's been a really long time since I've been able to talk about a book that was so amazing that I've barely had words to describe it. I used to be able to give a list of books to anybody who asked for a good book to read. Lately though, I haven't been reading much. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's because every time I go into the book store I feel like the book section got overrun by Vampires. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda over it.

But I saw the preview for the Hunger Games when I went to go see Sherlock Holmes, (or One for the Money, or some other movie I saw recently) and I was like "oh! what is that all about?!" I already knew it was a book so I added to my my mental list of books I want to read but will probably forget about the second I step into a book store. Except my husband has already read the whole series so he started pushing it. He said he knew I would love it.

He was right. I finished the book yesterday and OH MY LORD. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is.

So there are twelve districts and each district must give a girl and boy tribute to play the Hunger Games each year. So these kids are thrown into an arena where they have to figure out how to survive and how to not end up getting killed by another tribute. Only one can be the victor.

It's an amazing book. I'm really excited to start reading the next one. I'm also really looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out!

So, have you read any good books lately?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading the series about 2 weeks ago. Only took me 5 days. They are the most absolutely amazing books I have read in the loooooongest times. Very original plot line! I am so beyond excited for the movie. I'm hoping I can afford to see it on the IMAX screen!!!!! Enjoy the next two books! They're amazing :)

Ash said...

Five days? Sounds like how I used to be. I had to force myself to wait until I was at work to read the books since I'm back on night shift. I loved them! I finished them last Saturday! :)

Post a Comment