Saturday, January 28, 2012

Update! Update!

Anybody remember the Little Caesar's commercials?  Probably not, I haven't seen one in years. But when I was trying to think of a name for this blog post, (something I'm always terrible at and constantly battle with every time I want to post) I decided to keep it simple. The Little Caesar's pizza commercial popped into my head. I couldn't tell you how or why but it was only the ending I remembered and it was their little mascot who runs onto the screen at the end and says "Pizza! Pizza!" so you get "Update! Update!"

So that's how you get today's blog post's title. Not that you really cared but I thought I'd give you a little glimpse into how weird my mind works.

My husband and I decided to not move. When we first talked to the apartment complex about moving and they told us the ridiculous transfer fee but said we could work out payments for it since it is ridiculously high. I mean ridiculous. I was moving two buildings over. I didn't even pay that much to move into the apartment I'm in now to begin with. So I put some down to hold the apartment for us and we had to work out the other fees, and we'd be moving on the first.

Then it kinda hit me that I really didn't want to move. I didn't want to deal with packing up everything and moving, even if it was two buildings over. Then my husband's brother started talking to us about possibly moving in and I just threw the whole idea how the window. He hasn't made a final decision yet but we're staying here for another month to sort of give him the time to think and get his stuff situated.

We're still waiting for my husband's release and it's making me nervous. We were told it would be here by next drill when we sent it out last month. That was around the time of our wedding. It should have been here when we got back from our honeymoon. It wasn't. And it still isn't three weeks later.

Hurry up and wait, right?

Kenzie has officially left for basic. Her room is now an office which is also holds the cage of our new bunny! We got him on Wednesday. He's a little baby with black and white fur. I want to name him Hopper because he's so cute when he hops. My husband swears up and down that he will never call our bunny Hopper and will just refer to him as "bunny." I've been trying to figure out a name that my husband like so I don't have to hear "hey bunny!" all the time. But Hopper is sort of sticking to me. My husband may just have to deal with it.

I've gotten a couple of phone calls from Kenzie since she left. She's doing good. She got all her shots and she says her arms hurt like hell. She sounds good though. She likes it out there. I couldn't be happier for her but I miss her like crazy. I'm not used to not having her right down the hall from me yet. Even if I did turn her room into an office two days after she left.

I hope everybody else has been having a good week! Adios.

0 comments:

Post a Comment