Saturday, December 3, 2011

Where'd ya go?!

I'm back! I know I haven't been around much lately. Have you noticed? Probably not, but I sure did.

Honestly, I haven't really been feeling like myself lately. I was in a funk. All I did was sleep, eat and work and for some reason, I was okay with that. Well, I really wasn't okay with it, but I was dealing with it. My room and the rest of my apartment is a complete disaster zone, something I would never usually allow. I'm OCD when it comes to my surroundings. My kitchen, my bedroom, my bathroom, my living room all have to be clean, like spotless. Sometimes, when we're all super busy working and whatnot, it gets a little out of control and I can deal with that. I just spend an hour cleaning the apartment is everything is okay again.

Well, with me being in this weird mood my apartment, as I said before, is a disaster zone. I didn't even really realize it until Thursday night. I was finally feeling like myself again. After I got off work, Russell picked me up and we picked up Kenzie from the apartment and got Subway and Taco Bell. The car ride was fun. It wasn't long considering how close I live to everything, but it was fun. After we got home though I got a good look at my apartment. It's disgusting. If you ask me at least, "normal" people would say that it's normal messiness.

Anywho, since I'm feeling better my apartment is getting a complete scrub down. I'm actually looking forward to this because my apartment being spotless makes me happier than it probably should.

But it's okay, because tomorrow we're decorating for Christmas! :D Russell and I picked out our tree last night. It's a real one and my apartment smells like pine and it's lovely. I haven't had a real Christmas tree since I was in middle school. And all I wanted when I finally had my own place was to have a real Christmas tree. And I got it!

For once, I'm actually feeling like it's Christmas. Vegas is feeling the Christmas like weather too. All November we were sitting in high fifties and low sixties. Once December 1st hit, the temperature dropped to the forties. I'm not completely ready for it. Along with cleaning my apartment today I'm also running over to Old Navy to see if they have mitten or gloves. My hands almost froze off on my way to work this morning! I should probably invest in one of those huge pea coats. I have a small one but it fits weird and it's uncomfortable to wear.

Bring on the hot chocolate! I hope you guys are having a good start to December.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about the messiness. My house is a disaster zone as well and it's driving me nuts. It was so easy to keep the place clean when hubby was away, now that he's back not so much :P

Happy Holidays :)

Post a Comment