Saturday, November 19, 2011

Annoying people, ftw.

That's right, I did it. I went and saw Breaking Dawn. And now only did I go and see Breaking Dawn, but I had Russell come with me and we saw the midnight premier.

You may now boo and/or throw odd fruits at me.

I did enjoy the movie though. I was a little iffed at first because I thought it was silly to put the movie in two parts. I really thought they were just doing it to be like Harry Potter. And after I heard they weren't doing the "Jacob's book" part in the movie I really didn't understand how the movie needed to be made into two parts. I understand that the book is big. I've seen bigger books done in one movie.

Ex: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix which has 896 pages to Breaking Dawn's 704.

For the record though, that Harry Potter movie has to be THE WORST out of all the movies. They left out so much and added so much more in and did stuff that never even happened. I digress.

But after watching the movie, I can understand why they chose to separate the movies. They were able to add so much more detail and show Bella and Edward and their love for each other better since they had more time to work with. Plus they got to show the other characters more. We saw more Alice, more Jasper, more Emmett (!!!! :D) and more Rosalie. It really was an amazing movie.

I almost flipped my cookies on a group of girls before the movie even started. Now, when I say girls I mean women, three, older than me and in their late twenties-early thirties women.  I already know that Twilight is a big deal for older women too, they all love Edward and all that stuff, sure. But what is the point of paying to go see a movie, at midnight, that you're just going to make fun of and annoy other people?

Somebody, please, enlighten me.

They sat behind Russell and I. They were intoxicated and yelling from the moment they sat down. They kept yelling"butt scratcher! I need a butt scratcher!" Then one kept asking if she could sit next to the butter. And she kept saying that she needed the flask because she needed more liquor. Plus for the first twenty minutes of the movie they had loud, irritating, pointless commentary.

Now, I understand that some people like to do things like that and go see a silly movie that is a big deal to teenagers drunk to make fun of it. That's your prerogative. But why must you sit there and ruin the movie going experience for everybody else? Why do you have to be annoying?

Russell and I had a whole row to ourselves and after these lovely ladies were already on the quick path to annoying the hell out of me for fifteen minutes, a girl around my age asked if the seats next to us were taken. I didn't even hesitate, I said, "Depends, are you going to be annoying?"

Luckily, she took it in good humor and told me no and then asked if I was going to be annoying. I thanked her later for not getting offended but after sitting in my row for five minutes she probably understood why I asked.

I just don't understand it. It was really annoying. I mean, I'm not twi-hard or whatever they call themselves. But I did love the books and I do love the movies and I don't pay 12+ dollars per ticket just to have silly drunk women annoy me. I want to enjoy the seeing the midnight premier movie going experience.

In other news: there's a rumor that Casey Anthony adopted a baby from Romania.While I've read articles that say her lawyer's confirm it, there's still doubt since I heard that Romania stopped allowing foreign adoptions back in 2006 so who knows. BUT, if this is true I will officially lose all faith I have in humanity.

The world is really starting to lose it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment