Monday, November 21, 2011

47 days!

I checked my countdown on my phone. It's supposed to be keeping me on track for all my wedding planning. I have forty seven days until I get married. FORTY SEVEN.

Where the hell did time go?! So much for my countdown. I could have sworn that last week that countdown read in the 70's.

I blame my friends. Anytime I would talk to them about wedding planning or ask for help, they'd always tell me to relax. Well, I relaxed and look what happened! I ONLY HAVE 47 DAYS LEFT. Well, less than that actually because I'm not going to be planning my wedding up until the actual day.

ARGUAHKSLAFDLJASD. I still have so much I have to do. Especially since I'm going to be the DJ now and I need to get all the music together. The suits still need to be ordered and so do the bridesmaids dresses. I still have to do the seating arrangements and the decorations. I still have to book the hotel room for the night of the weeding and the room for me and my bridesmaids the night before the wedding. And my mental list goes on and on and on.

On the bright side, the invitations are done. They look fantastic. And they're addressed and sitting on my computer waiting to be stamped and mailed.

Every thing I can check off my checklist, no matter how small, ensures one less strand of hair being ripped out.
And the last thing I want is half a head of hair for my wedding.

Looks like I better start cracking my whip.

I think I've finally figured out why brides become bridezillas. It's not because they want to be that crazy or they are really that controlling. But when you're planning a wedding, your wedding, everybody has to come in and give opinions and while you're grateful for the help and the opinions it starts to get overbearing because sometimes they expect you to go with their opinions, even if  you're not a big fan of it. Then you have to make sure everybody in the wedding party is set, with dresses and tuxes and sometimes they're procrastinators. Then you have to deal with everybody else involved, family, etc. Plus all the vendors and whatnot. And in the beginning, you're nice, you accept everything and take everything anybody says into consideration, but when it gets closer and closer to the wedding, your "I don't give a crap about other people's feelings" switch gets turned off and that's when you turn into a bridezilla. Because you just want to have the wedding of your dreams and you just want things done your way.

There is nothing wrong with having the wedding of your dreams.

And I have 47 days left to plan mine.



0 comments:

Post a Comment