Thursday, November 3, 2011

Retail Therapy

Have you ever needed something but you didn't realize that you needed it until after it happened? Does that even make sense? It does to me. Then again, my best friend constantly reminds me that I'm crazy so who knows.

But I apparently needed a little retail therapy. I've been so stressed with work, my schedule constantly changing, trying to gather everybody's addresses so I can send out the invitations, trying to make the invitations, finalizing the guest list and all my other wedding stuff, I'm still surprised I haven't ripped my hair out. So yesterday after I got paid I asked Russell if he would go to the mall with me. I really had no idea what I was going to buy, but I thought I wanted a new purse.

I recruited Kenzie to come with and before we could go to the mall, we had to go to the Post Office. She forgot to put the apartment number in the shipping address for her bracelet and thought that it might be at the post office. We got there right before they closed so of course there was the long line of the people who wait until the last minute. When I was younger I would love going on errands with my mom and I loved it when she had to go to the post office. I would have so much fun while we were waiting in line. I looked around while standing in line with Kenzie, trying to figure out "with what." And I still don't have that answer.

Turns out that the post office didn't have it and can't really do anything without a tracking number which we don't have because the company doesn't ship priority or anything that would have a tracking number. I also figured out why I haven't been matched with a service member yet, they don't have enough members to match with civilians. They say they're trying daily to get more members though. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be matched soon!

So we went to the mall and I threw my idea about getting only a purse out the window. I didn't want to go crazy or overboard but I wanted a couple new shirts. We passed this store called "Cotton On" which is a store from Australia that has really cute clothes stationed in the front so that it draws you in. And it worked. I fell in love with a long sleeved cardigan and after I picked it up, I started going through everything else they had in the store to try and find a shirt that would match. I didn't find a shirt but I did find a hat I got, (Kenzie got the same hat but in red.) I also bought the cardigan, a cloth bag for days where I don't really feel like carrying a purse but I can't fit everything into my pockets, (anybody else have those days? Just me? Okay.) and a bracelet that the proceeds from go to kids in Uganda.

(I put the hat on today, unsure how I feel about it. It looked fantastic in the store though.)

I also got some clothes from Aeropostale, and a shirt and some make up from Forever 21. I'm loving the eyeshadow I bought from there. Works a little better than the stuff I get by Maybeline.

After shopping we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Bloomin' Onions, yumm! I could eat those all day and be a very happy girl.

It was a very nice day to spend with the two people I love the most. I take my time with them for granted and I always think that I'll have some day next week to spend time with them and that's not always true. We all work different work schedules and since I do live with them I see them a lot, we don't really get to go out and do things together all the time. I have 81 days left with Kenzie until she ships out. That's 81 days to make sure she knows that I'm not going to leave her side when she leaves. The super glue that keeps our hips together is just going to get really stretchy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment