Monday, November 7, 2011

It's the small things

Remember how I was talking about having the weekend off? Well, it's Monday and I'm back at work, meaning that my weekend off went by way too fast.

But it was really eventful.

First, my fiance's cousin's wife had her baby! She's adorable and perfect and I can't wait to meet her. I was supposed to take my brother out for lunch with Russell but he got sick so instead, Russell took me to Steak N' Shake for lunch and then we took my dad around for a couple errands. While we really didn't do much, we just took him to the mall and the post office, it was nice hanging out with my dad for that little bit. I don't see him much and while our relationship was horrible a year ago, it's gotten so much better since I moved out. He's also been such a big help with my wedding. Thanks to him my chapel is paid off.

After we left my dad Russell and I went up to where horror movies are made (Mt. Charleston at night) to visit Kayleigh and my nephew. He's gotten so big since I last saw him. He's my little chunkers. And he's really good for me. I haven't seen her house since she's moved either and I fell in love with it. It's huge compared to her last house and it's beautiful. If I could ever live where serial killers hide, I'd definitely want a house like hers.

Then Sunday I was up at 9AM. Thanks to Daylight Savings Time ending, I haven't been up that early on a day off in months.  So Russell forced me to get up. We went out and ran some errands. I finally got my bridal shower invitations. (They were sent out today!)

Then I went and visited my second family and my other nephew. He'll be a year next month. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. It feels like I was just in the hospital for 12 hours waiting for him to be born.

After catching up with my second mom, Russell, Kenzie and I went to Olive Garden to eat. This is probably one of my favorite moments throughout the entire weekend. I know Olive Garden isn't super fancy by normal people's standards but Olive Garden is a fancyish restaurant to me since that's like the nicest restaurant I will ever go to. Picky eating, ftw. We had a super nice waitress who didn't give me an attitude when I asked for my plain angel hair pasta. She never let my diet coke fall much lower than the half way mark before bringing me a refill. She wasn't freaking out on us because she was working with a full station. (They were sill on a wait when we left.) We decided to get desert and we got their fancier version of a desert shooter (I forgot what they called them.) They had a list of seven and it took me five minutes just to choose one. No, not because they all sounded delicious. I was trying to figure out which one I would actually eat. I'm not a big fan of dark anything and all their options had some version of dark chocolate. I eventually picked one that had chocolate moose with dark chocolate cake and caramel cream.

This is how they came out. Mine is the one on the far left.

This was me trying it. Actually it was my second bite. My first bite was DELICIOUS. So Kenzie got me taking my second bite. I definitely didn't expect it to be THAT good. The dark chocolate cake didn't even taste like dark chocolate. SOOOOOO YUMMMMMMMMMY!











After Olive Garden, we went to Fremont Street. And oh the things you see on Fremont Street. Aside from the usual drunks and drunk tourists we saw Elvis, a cowboy who was in love with Kenzie and air humped her way every time we passed him and constantly showed us his white ass in his assless chaps. There was also a pirate couple. The woman in the couple had boobs the size of my entire body, pushed up in a tight black corset, with pasties covering her nipples. I'm pretty sure I'm scarred for life from her boobs. There was an awesome band playing though. They were doing covers from big 80's song and they all were dressed up in a different 80's style outfit. We watched a majority of their show and it was good. We sang along, we danced a little bit, Kenzie stood there refusing to move even a little bit.

I even had my palm read! Every time I go to Fremont Street we pass the little trailer, I guess you could call it, that's all decked out like a psychic's hut with a little sign that has the hours of operation and what type of services she does. And every time we pass it, it's never open and the one time we did pass it and it was open, I didn't have the money. But yesterday, it was open and Russell even gave me the money to have my palm read.

Here's what she said:

I'm going to live a long life, 79-83 years. She sees that I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the past three years but things are getting better. She said that she sees that I'm stable financially and that it's going to be staying that way for the coming years. She said that she sees that I give to those around me and that I give and I give and I give and I really don't receive back. She sees that I'm a strong minded person and very strong headed and that I can be extremely stubborn. She said that she sees me doing well in the medical field. She also said that she sees that I'm extremely hard on myself and that I'm unsatisfied with myself and that I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. She said she sensed some confusion from me when she brought up my relationship. She also said that she sees that we had some obstacles in our relationship but we've been able to move past them and she sees our relationship being a strong one. 

I guess the real question is if I believe it. While I was in there it was kind of weird how she just randomly described me. But after I thought about it, some things I think she might have been going off my facial expressions. (Kenzie says she did this the whole time and thinks she played off all my insecurities.) I think she's right to an extent. I think she got me being strong in the medical field from me telling her I worked at an answering service for doctors. Every relationship has obstacles so that one is no surprise. But everything else I have no idea where she would have read that from, so maybe there is something to this palm reading thing. Next time, tarot cards! :)


















It's the small things in life that matters. While I wrote about it extensively, this weekend was really small and simple.

0 comments:

Post a Comment