Saturday, November 12, 2011

Meet Kenny

Does anybody remember the band I talked about a little bit in my the post from last weekend? No? I didn't think so. This is them though. Russell and I took my brother, Kenny, to Fremont Street. Mostly because I was hoping this band would still be there doing their show and I wanted him to see it. And they were and Kenny made us go up to the front so he could dance his butt off. And he did. I also realized that Kenny has better moves than me. He's going to be a hit at my reception. ;)










 We like to pretend we're awesome. And he tries to look unhappy in most of the pictures he takes because he thinks it looks cool.
















But sometimes I can make him smile :)








Last night was a good night. Now I'm sitting at work running off less than four hours of sleep and I'm discovering that I have no patience for nurses today. Especially when I ask for one thing and then they give me a bunch of other information before giving me the one thing I asked for. So, I just make them repeat it after I get the thing I asked for ;) I can be a little mean. But I don't ask certain questions for my health.






On another note, I got 80% of my bridal shower stuff ready. I got my games picked out. I bought the prizes.  I finally got my hands on my mom's fudge recipe so I'm making my mom's fudge for party favors, which I'm really excited about making. I already made some to test it out, (the recipe calls for 1LB of sugar! I had to make sure it was actually that much and not some miscommunication) and it was perfect and tasted like my childhood wrapped up in a small, yummy, chocolaty, piece. Russell loves it too. He's been picking at the little bit I made for the past two days.

Oh, and I just signed up to volunteer at the Magical Forest this Christmas season. If you don't know what the Magical Forest is you can click here to find more information. It's something that Opportunity Village does every year for Christmas. All the proceeds go to the foundation and a lot of people and their business donate for auctions and prizes and to have little decorated houses on a couple of the paths and they have a cute little train ride. My family used to go every year. I really wanted to go last year but I didn't get the chance and this year I plan on taking Kenny but I thought I'd volunteer as well. I used to think about it when I was little and here's my chance. I'm excited! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment